LL-L "Places" 2004.11.21 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sun Nov 21 19:22:07 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 21.NOV.2004 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: 1handclapping <1handclapping at myway.com>
Subject: LL-L History

The universal Esperanto Congress is held this summer at Vilnius - planning
in conjhunction with this event a trip to Eastern-Eŭrope I am considering to
visit also Kaliningrad (Köningsbergen),
of which my old history teacher told us that in medieval times the merchants
used to correspond
with their relations in Brugge (also an old Hanseatic town) in the same
language. Apparently
lots of historical realm has been lost in the meanwhile, but perhaps the
city holds still some remiescents of this time and perhaps also of the most
famous Mr. I. Kant ? Are there any LLers
who have some actual information about this city ?

[Roger Verhiest]