LL-L "Anniversary" 2004.11.24 (07) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Wed Nov 24 21:09:12 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 24.NOV.2004 (07) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Peter Snepvangers <snepvangers at optushome.com.au>
Subject: Anniversary

Hello Ron,
this is my Ocker Aussie English version of The Wren. Could someone tell me
how to record it on my computer. I can get a microphone connected but what
software do I use?

Australian Ocker English Translation

by P. Snepvangers, Sydney, Australia.

The Wren

The wren used to have his nest in a shed.

Once the oldies flew the coop to find some tucker and left the youngunns on
their pat malone.

After a while, old man Wren came back home.

Crikey, he says. Has someone had a go at you tin lids? You look like stunned
mullet.

“Oh Dad”, they said, “some big drongo bunyip just came along. He chucked a
spaz and gave us the evil eye. That scared the clappers out of us.”

“Righto then”, says old man Wren, “ where’d the bastard go?”

“He knicked off just down the track there,” they said.

“Wait here,” old man Wren says, “She’ll be right kids, I’ll chase him up and
give him heaps.”  That said, he shot off after him.

When he flew around the corner he came across a feral cat.

But the wren isn’t scared. He flaps onto the cats back and rips into him.
“ What the flock are you doing coming round my place and scaring the shite
out of my littleuns?”

The feral cat ignores the wrens ear bashing and keeps strutting his stuff.

This cheeses the little loud-mouth off even more. “You have no business
being there, I tell ya! And if ya come back again it’ll be on for young and
old. I don’t really want to do it he says as he lifts his leg, but I’ll bust
yer back and give you a walloping in two seconds!”

With that said he flew back home.

“There you go kids” he says, “By jingo I taught that bastard a bloody good
lesson. He won’t trouble us again.
 Cheers
snepvangers at optushome.com.au

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net>

Thanks a lot, Pete.  You've earned big brownie points.  ;-)  Note all the
Australian rhyming slang, folks!

Now, you fellow-Ozzies out there, who's going to deliver a more Standard
Australian version in text and sound (with changed wording wherever
necessary)?  It would be great to have it, and I'm a happy but
insufficiently Ozzified Ozzie to do any of it myself.  If you don't deliver,
you know what'll happen, deon'cha?  No, I won't break yer backs like the
wren would.  I'd say that thing about finger pulling again!  And then
what'll you do, you little bludgers?

Cheerio!