LL-L "Phonology" 2004.10.13 (08) [A/D/E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Wed Oct 13 19:26:33 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 13.OCT.2004 (08) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Brooks, Mark <mark.brooks at twc.state.tx.us>
Subject: LL-L "Phonology" 2004.10.13 (05) [A/E]

Denis asked: "Is there any other Germanic language where L changes in to
(vocalised) W?"

I think English is an example of it.  I don't know the dialect, but on Pink
Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall" it sound to me like "Aw en aw, you just
@ nuth@ brick in the waw."

Mark Brooks