LL-L "Cultural contacts" 2004.10.18 (10) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Oct 19 03:26:14 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 18.OCT.2004 (10) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Bill Wigham <redbilly2 at earthlink.net>
Subject: LL-L "Cultural contacts" 2004.10.18 (03) [E/Spanish]

LL-L Cultural Contacts
From: Bill Wigham
Dear Lowlanders,
      Below you will probably have read someone praising a genetic
intermixture which has not been too popular at certain times and places.
Nevertheless, it is good to have one's DNA jazzed up every couple of
generations to keep what happened to my first wife's lineage.  No! I am not
being bitter...this is science.  Her ancestors moved into Hatfield,
Massachusetts Bay Colony for the free land.  The trouble was that the
nearest other town was a "fer piece" away.  Well when it comes to courtin'
whatever gets attention and is willing is usually in the neighborhood.
The result was that there was a good deal of begetting amongst
cousins...close cousins.  It was evidently that or
getting cozy with the bears.  As a result my ex-witch (altho good-looking)
had some serious problems.  So much for racial purity.  It seems as if some
groups who set themselves apart for whatever reason pay a serious price for
their arrogance, or inability to compete.

     Every national group have a list of neighbors to look down on...feels
good, I guess.  But the most dangerous ones are those who hate themselves.
Bill