LL-L "Language politics" 2004.09.25 (04) [D/E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sat Sep 25 14:10:26 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 25.SEP.2004 (04) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: yasuji <yasuji at amber.plala.or.jp>
Subject: LL-L "Language politics" 2004.09.23 (05) [D/E/Esperanto]

"Language politics"
Dear Liesbeth van der Belt,
I understand Japanese, English and German, but not any word of Esperanto.
I wonder how many people in Euorpe learn und use Esperanto on a practical
level. If some in Europe wants to learn Esperanto, I think it should be
several time easier
for him/her than Asian native speakers, because this language is created
basing on
main European languages ( Italics, Germanics, etc.) I recognize that English
is the most
spread language of the world. As I have written, it is my greatest quetion
about Esperanto:
"How any people are using this language as their daily language?". Is it
truly fair for us Japanese to learn one more language, which may be not so
popular in teh whole world. Is it truly a neutral language? It ,maybe, does
not include any Asia-originated element.

I will try to speak German as much s possible, when I visit German speaking
countries, and also English, when I visit English speaking countries. But
there is not any country, of which  common language Esperanto is.
If you have nay comment, please write me.

Best regards,

Yasuji Waki from Japan