LL-L "Resources" 2004.09.29 (05) [D/E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Wed Sep 29 18:14:02 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 29.SEP.2004 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: wim <wkv at home.nl>
Subject: more new netherlands links

Hi,

from wim verdoold ,  netherlands   wkv at home.nl.

here is  a web page  about the colonisation of  new  netherlands:
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Styx/6497/newnether.html

what more...  nij kerk  would be the low saxon already  in hollandic  it
would be "nieuw kerk"  probably , so the saxon spelling  survived here i
guess.
Van   just means  "from"  or  "off"...so  so a name with than in it can come
from  any place   further more..to simplify things more...  "van der"  was
changed into "ver"  in many names...(verdoold  must have been "van der
dole"  before the 17th century , same with all those  "ver"  names  in
dutch) .

I hope i made  things  a bit more  clear...( don't think so..)

Wim Verdoold    ( van der  dole)

----------

From: wim <wkv at home.nl>

hi!

here are some links to web pages about New Netherlands  (new york state).

http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/vanderdole/home.html

http://odur.let.rug.nl/~usa/E/newnetherlands/nlxx.htm

http://www.coins.nd.edu/ColCoin/ColCoinIntros/Netherlands.html

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Styx/6497/newnether.html

http://www.nnp.org/newvtour/

http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/vanderdole/newyork.bmp

http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/vanderdole/owners_of_the_land.html

and an american legend:

http://www.thehollandring.com/hans-brinker-story.shtml

bye!

wim. [Verdoold]

From: Pyt Berg <pytbergy at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Genealogy" 2004.09.28 (01) [D/E]

On the subject of the New Netherland colony AND words introduced to the
Americans.

Suggest you read the book " The Island at the Centre of the World".

Het is een erg interessant boekje vooral voor de Nederlanders.

??? NL een Klein Landje met een Grote Hart in the USA.

Pyt Berg.