LL-L "Etymology" 2005.04.01 (11) [E/LS]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Fri Apr 1 23:56:39 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 01.APR.2005 (11) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: jonny <jonny.meibohm at arcor.de>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2005.04.01 (09) [E/LS]

Topic: *beer[n?]dwatsch*

Beste Reinhard,

a.s.a.p., my answer and correction!!!

Today we have got April, the first!!  No beer, no pear, but fear, this could
become a real word. I am afraid, You and all our people could be taken into.

Very smiling Greutens, with a slight  "sorry" for all of You with Your
loveable linguistic blue-eyness.

Johannes "Jonny" Meibohm;
"de Swienegel"! April, April!

----------

From: jonny <jonny.meibohm at arcor.de>

Ron.

You are even worse than me! At the second time reading Your answer I became
aware of Your filthy things.

Haul Di fuchtig!

Greutens/sincerely

Johannes "Jonny" Meibohm

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Etymology

Jonny,

Ah, nu bün ik up lest lykers rin-vullen! Mit "swyn-eygel" hest recht,
dwaller-watschen, tuyn-snakken slip-steyrt, den du büst! Daar hest sachs d'n
heylen dag gryn-smuystern up gyperd, dat ik un/or wen anners daar rin-pedden
dout. Un na stünden-lang sinneyren hev ik my sülven in-snakt dat ik dat tou
vör al maal hoyrd or lest hev ... Oh, Jonny! Wen du Dy dat tou minst mouden
büst, den kryg' ik Dy eyrsten-daags by de vlünken, un den schast maal seyn,
'keyn tou lest un up 't best lachen dayt. Waar Dy! Waar Dy elk dag, elk
minuut!

Ah, so at long last I did fall into an April Fool's trap! (I guess I had it
coming karma-like after dishing it out liberally off the List a few years
ago.) I can just picture you grinning all day, waiting for me to step into
it, you rascal. And to think that after hours of pondering it I actually
managed to talk myself into believing that I have heard or read that word
before ... Goes to show you ... But be warned, Jonny, and be afraid, be very
afraid! Sometime, sooner or later, when you least expect it, I'll get you,
and I'll get you good, and then we'll see who laughs last and laughs best.
Watch your back at all times! Oh, I'd be very, yerrry afraid if I were you!
(And the same goes for any possible smirking supporter of yours on the cheap
seats of the peanut gallery).

> You are even worse than me! At the second time reading Your
> answer I became aware of Your filthy things.

"Filthy things"?! I don't even know what you're talking about (unless you've
been snooping around my laundry hamper). Might we by any chance be dealing
with that overactive imagination of yours?

Bamboozled, puzzled and ominous,