LL-L "Names" 2005.04.15 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sat Apr 16 06:06:04 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 15.APR.2005 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at WORLDONLINE.NL>
Subject: LL-L "Names" 2005.04.15 (04) [E]

Hey, that's nice, another Arvid! Before we called our son like that I'd
never heard from that name... But not long after his birth I learned that
a football (soccer) player was called Arvid too, and a colleague's
boyfriend... And they were both from Doetinchem, Achterhoek, Gelderland...

Btw, I suppose your friends from A'foort will be both Dutch, Frisians are
Dutch too you know, Friesland is just a Dutch province... I can't say that
my wife Barbara is Dutch and I'm Low Saxon, because the Brabant dialects
are categorized under Dutch and Low Saxon is recognized as a seperate
language... No, we both have the Dutch nationality and ethnicity.
Maybe the Low Saxons and the Frisians could be called even more Dutch,
culturally, than the Southern, Roman Catholic Brabo's and Limbo's...
whe are closer to Belgium /Flemish etc

Ingmar