LL-L "Etymology" 2005.04.23 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sat Apr 23 20:59:38 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 23.APR.2005 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Ben Bloomgren <ben.bloomgren at asu.edu>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2005.04.22 (10) [E]

I have a very peculiar way of saying "What the hell/f/..." I say, "What the
mother?" Is that just my extreme strangeness, or does anybody say anything
like that?

From: Ben Bloomgren <ben.bloomgren at asu.edu>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2005.04.22 (06) [E]

It was just a joke because that person forgot an o and the ly to say "too
quickly." Also, why do so many English speakers say things like "too quick?"