LL-L "Anniversary" 2005.04.23 (02) [E/M.English/Gothic]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sat Apr 23 23:35:39 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 23.APR.2005 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: "Arthur Jones" <arthurobin2002 at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Anniversary" 2005.04.22 (08) [E]

Hails Dalathlandarjes!

Ingmar just helped me immensely with my fractured
Nederlands, and I thank him for taking the time to
also cite a few synonyms and alternative phrases. This
encourages me to make further attempts to write
whatever --thingwy-- in one or another of the Lowlands
tongues. There is no really compelling reason why us
Sassenacks simply MUST use English, only vanity.

Having said that, we still don't have any neat
examples of funny, poignant or memorable exchanges
that stand out from the background of the past ten
years. I know from the last two-year period that I saw
a couple or so. How about it, chers membres de la
galerie des cacahuetes? Or, how about a few "petits
riens du Grand Maitre"?

Sincerely, of which Sin is more fun than the Serely
part, ;-)

Arthur

"Ik ni im waidedja"
        --- President Richard M. Nixon, 1974

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Anniversary

O frodaba, unagands jah friaþwamilds draúhtins Arþur!

Jai gafraþjis jah waíla geleikaiþs þeins gawaúrdi ist, swinþs þeins taúhts,
andilaus þeins þiuþeins, o waírþaba witodafasteis!

Maye Youre moste humble seruant propone conseil wth Hure Mageste the Queene
of thessaid Indies-Nutes Galleryes Reaume, oure most Dere and Cheryshyd
Ladie and Mistresse seurly beynge famuler wth comptlesse iolyf and lustie
mony-whats, histories and eschaunges in thes Compaignys longe bygane tyme.

With thes proposicioun bedes Youre moste humble and obedyent seruant til
Yewe, my Lord of Gret Hynesse, Hise Worthyest Ladie Robyn, and Alle Worthy
Membres of Thes Venerabill Assemblay his veray honeste and cordiall
salutaciouns.

The vnderwrit
Ragnheart Hawne
(Reinhard/Ron)