LL-L "Anniversary" 2005.04.24 (05) [D/E/S]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sun Apr 24 21:23:24 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 24.APR.2005 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Paul Finlow-Bates <wolf_thunder51 at yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L "Anniversary" 2005.04.23 (02) [E/M.English/Gothic]

Arthur wrote: "

Lowlands-L <lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net> wrote: This encourages me to make
further attempts to write whatever --thingwy-- in one or another of the
Lowlands tongues.."
Ja, ek stem saam. Ek bin willig om te probeer. Ek begryp Afrikaans en 'n
bitje Nederlands, en ook Duits, maar die andere tale kenne ek niet. Wij
kannen meskien 'n nuwe "Lowlands Esperanto" (Saamhoop?)erfinden?
"There is no really compelling reason why us Sassenacks simply MUST use
English, only vanity..."

Niet noodsaaklik edelheid (???); meskien onwetenheid of skaamheid (???)

Paul

----------

From: Roger Thijs, Euro-Support, Inc. <roger.thijs at euro-support.be>
Subject: anniversary pages

The "help" gives:
"The sound files presented on this website are brought to you in the popular
mp3 format, which makes it possible to compress audio samples to an
acceptable file size. Even so, some older computers or computers with slow
internet access may need some time to download these files.
When opening a language page, you will immediately see if there’s a sound
file available for that language. (In some cases there are more than one.)
If so, you can either choose to listen to the sound file within the browser
(using the “Play” button on the sound bar), or you can download the mp3 file
directly onto your computer (using the “Download mp3” link)."

But on the page I wrote in Limburgish / Vliermaal I do not find any sound
file.
Is there a delay in set-up?
Was there a selection?
Or is it lost and do I have to resend it?

Regards,
Roger

----------

From: Mike Morgan <Mike.Morgan at mb3.seikyou.ne.jp>
Subject: LL-L "Anniversary" 2005.04.21 (03) [E]

Fit like, fella Laalaunners!

A hiv teen a keek at a puckle o the "Anivarsarie Introducshans", an hiv a
wee correcshan tae the Inglis varshan o Waki-san's Intro. A hiv niver haen
the plezhuir o meetin him, but A think he dinnae bide in "Chaba" (茶葉?!) -
fit A canna fin on onie o ma monie maps - but in "CHIBA" (千葉), fit is richt
nearhaun by the Disnae ... Na, nicht the Inver-Disnae o Matthew Fitt's _But
n Ben A Go-Go_, but Tokyo Disnae-Laun.

(The Japanese, German an Laa Saxon varshans aa hae Chiba".)

Mike Morgan
KCUFS

P.S. Sorry Sandy for slaughtering the language. (^u^)