LL-L "Etymology" 2005.04.26 (07) [E/MEnglish]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Apr 26 20:07:18 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 26.APR.2005 (07) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Arthur Jones <arthurobin2002 at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2005.04.25 (04) [E]

From: Arthur A. Jones
arthurobin2002 at yahoo.com

Subject: The Righte Honourable Raginhard Hawn's
Compleet Historie of RON, togethere wythe the related
Earthe-Tremours in Oxford.

"I deem there be nought save tremblynge,
Of unsene forces fraile,
Ideas, like moths, encas'd in ambre,
Chas'd by fearsomme cosmik gale,

The Perfecte Chorde of Energie,
Struck as by Lyre into empt Vastnesse,
Cool'd by sayme soete Harmonie,
Into alle Mattere, join'd and fastenned."

--Usually attributed to a West Saxon Quantum physicist
of the ninth Century, after stumbling across String
Theory.

Congrats, Ron. What a fine and complete etymology. The only link you left
out was Lydian "raan", which survives todayonly in the "Rann of Kutch";
meaning that a Ron was originally, and best, sung alone on a remote plain.
;-).

After much agonizing thought, I have decided to ignore all the recent
preoccupation with Low Germanic scatology. We are dealing here with words
and phrases that became polished and honed to efficiency eons ago with daily
usage in nearly every tribe around.Hence the amazing similarities today,
from Swedish to Viennese.
Enough S--- already!

Hails,

Arthur