LL-L "Delectables" 2005.04.30 (05) [E/LS]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sat Apr 30 23:34:51 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 30.APR.2005 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Tom Mc Rae <t.mcrae at uq.net.au>
Subject: LL-L "Delectables" 2005.04.29 (03) [E]

The Other Tom recounts....

Regards
Tom Mc Rae
Brisbane Australia
Oh Wad Some Power the Giftie Gie Us
Tae See Oorsel's as Ithers See Us
Robert Burns

On 30/04/2005, at 1:35 AM,  jonny <jonny.meibohm at arcor.de> wrote:

  Tom:
  what's hiding in  'burdock roots' and 'wild poke shoots'? Unable to find
  them in my dictionary.
Burdock root extract is used in a soft drink I only encountered in
Yourkshire, Dandelion and Burdock.
May have been popular there but to me it tasted awful.

***