LL-L "Proposal" 2005.08.17 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Wed Aug 17 17:14:22 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 17.AUG.2005 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Þjóðríkr Þjóðreksson <didimasure at hotmail.com>
Subject: Phonology-Ortography-Interpretation-Game-Idea-Anniversary

Bit weird mail-subject but cycling back from work to home I thought up the
next: what if we play this game (or whatever you want tocall it,
investigation or so) we record soundfiles in our dialects and the other ones
have to analyse, from their own dialect on, the sounds being heard.
I thought this could maybe give everyone more insight in the spelling
systems they use, and also insight in the phonologies of everyones dialects
(both the sound file guy and the ones that interpretate). And phonetics in
general maybe too.
This might be a stupid idea so don't feel rude to tell so (I'm just tired so
don't know anymore what I'm posting :p)
Idea isn't very worked-out yet either.

Diederik Masure

(PS the "anniversary" stands for the fact that we already have written and
recorded many anniversary translations so these could be used as well ;))
(came at the idea because there was some posting about the Antw. vowel
system, "e" being [I] etc, and the West-Flemish Wren version tijdje [tIdje]
even longer ago)