LL-L "News" 2005.08.29 (09) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Mon Aug 29 19:00:40 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 29.AUG.2005 (09) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org or
lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net Server Manual:
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8c/userindex.html
S=Scots Sh=Shetlandic V=(West)Flemish Z=Zeelandic (Zeeuws)

From: "Global Moose Translations" <globalmoose at t-online.de>
Subject: LL-L "News" 2005.08.29 (05) [E]

Jonny wrote:
> Dear folks at the Eastern coast of US,
>
> with great worries and sympathy because of that dreadful hurrican
> approaching your coast and the city of New Orleans I 'm following the
news.

> I hope you all being in safe places, and, when able to go back to your
> properties, I wish you that the damages won't be too hard.

But will those who have been closing their eyes to the effects of global
warming learn anything from this bitter and painful lesson? Hardly, because
their own assets are safe, and their power unbroken.

I doubt that Louis Armstrong could have imagined this when he sang, "Do you
know what it means to leave New Orleans?"

Fervently hoping that all is not lost and that the city will not sustain too
much damage,

Gabriele Kahn.

L O W L A N D S - L * 06.JAN.2005 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org or
lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net Server Manual:
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8c/userindex.html
S=Scots Sh=Shetlandic V=(West)Flemish Z=Zeelandic (Ze�uws)