LL-L "Language learning" 2005.12.01 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Thu Dec 1 15:50:18 UTC 2005

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

01 December 2005 * Volume 05

From: heather rendall <HeatherRendall at compuserve.com>
Subject: LL-L "Language learning" 2005.11.30 (05) [E]

Message text written by INTERNET:lowlands-l at LOWLANDS-L.NET

> What about txt msgs in
> languages other than English? Are Dutch, German et al. showing the same
> sort of abbreviations, etc?<

French children use it not just for etxts but also in internet chatrooms /
messaging.

keskisepass?  is the title of a messaging board!

qu  is universally k   and as you can see words are run together to make an
aggregate!

the Academie must be spinning!

Heather