LL-L "Phonology" 2005.12.10 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sat Dec 10 19:16:48 UTC 2005

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

   L O W L A N D S - L * 10 December 2005 * Volume 03

From: Paul Tatum <ptatum at blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L "Phonology" 2005.12.05 (02) [E]

Hello all,

Ron wrote a couple of days ago re the AQI:

> Interesting!  Well, if New Zealanders want to claim this I say they're
> welcome to it.  There sure are lots of New Zealanders (including Maoris)
> in
> Australia (as far as in my stomping ground  Western Australia).*  As they
> say, "Some of my best friends are Kiwis."  So perhaps they've been
> surreptitiously introducing their peculiar ways.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a town in New Zealand, that the New
Zealanders point to, saying 'it's their fault/?". And in that town
there's probably a suburb.....We'll track the culprit down yet.

Paul Tatum

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Phonology

Exactly, Paul.  We should give this high priority.  It his high time that
the linguistically righteous put an end to any pernicious influences
eminating from that free-wheeling excuse of a nation New Zealand, as also
from Canada.  I vote for the linguistic intelligence institutions of the US
and the UK to collaborate in tracking down the instigators and for the
linguistic defence forces of both countries to take offensive strike as a
preventive measure. Australia, being widely infiltrated and infected
already, ought to be examined closely and be made to take a passive role
until a thorough inquisition purges it of all that insidious infiltration
from its eastern shore.

Most sincerely,