LL-L "Administrativia" 2005.12.18 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Mon Dec 19 05:57:47 UTC 2005

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

   L O W L A N D S - L * 18 December 2005 * Volume 3

From: R. F. Hahn <lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Administrativia

Dear Lowlanders,

Someone or more than one person (in Russia, I believe) has been
impersonating us by sending bogus messages with fake addresses ending in
@lowlands-l.net.  We are aware of it, and so is our service provider.  Bear
in mind that these addresses are not real and that it is easy to fake return
addresses.

We send messages only from lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net, occasionally from
administration administration at lowlands-l.net. That's all.  If we add any
address we'll let you know in a posting.

Furthermore, we do not send you messages with attachments from these
addresses, unless we do so on a one-to-one basis and tell you so and explain
it in a preceding message.  Please do not open any attachments otherwise!

On a different note, some of you are still not putting either "LL-L" or
"Lowlands-L" into the subject headers of submissions (besides the actual
subject").  While I am careful not to miss any submissions, chances are good
that submission messages not thusly marked will not make it into the correct
mail folder and will be erased with junk mail.

In any case, it is a very good idea to keep an extra copy of a submission in
case it gets lost the first time around.

*Please do not assume that we deliberatedly ignore your submissions or
reject them without giving you explanations in private communication.*  If
you don't see your submission posted, it may well be lost.  In that case you
should contact me (sassisch at yahoo.com) and ask about it, preferably
accompanied by a copy of the submission.