LL-L "Language use" 2005.12.25 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sun Dec 25 17:21:40 UTC 2005

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

   L O W L A N D S - L * 25 December 2005 * Volume 05

From: jonny <jonny.meibohm at arcor.de>
Subject: LL-L "Orthography" 2005.12.23 (03) [E]

Heather wrote:

> I hate and never use the worst swear words: I find them ugly to say and
> ugly in meaning.
> have never felt inclined to join them.
>  But read them over and over again, and they come unbidden to mind.
>
> Is this unavoidable?

I think they will keep *within* your mind and never come out.
If you want to join to bad behaviourism you have to force yourself, after my
own experiences.

BTW: One of the great benefits of LS is the fact, that I don't know any
swear you could call really 'ugly'.
Expressions being close to it meanwhile have lost their sharpness for our
ears which are damaged by Standard German and Standard English.

Greutens/Regards

Johannes "Jonny" Meibohm