LL-L "Orthography" 2005.12.27 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Dec 27 18:39:30 UTC 2005

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 27 December 2005 * Volume 01

From: "Dave Singleton" <davidsin at pt.lu>
Subject: LL-L "Orthography" 2005.12.26 (04) [E]

I am glad that someone finally accepts that "would of" is in fact dialect
But why do so many accept that thowing away the verb and replacing it by
changeing the dialect form "av --ev--ov--uv" to "of" which is not
dialect form. This is mis-interpretation and the "ofs of this world" are
sorely over-worked. They now request peace and an extra holiday or a pay
rise.

Personally, change goes out of my pocket so fast now that the bank can't
keep up. I am for leaving it alone, it has done OK so far; (!) I trust
it to see justice done in time

Dave Singleton