LL-L "Anniversary" 2005.02.12 (07) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sun Feb 13 03:50:22 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 12.FEB.2005 (07) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Peter Snepvangers <snepvangers at optushome.com.au>
Subject: Anniversary

From: Dave Singleton <davidsin at pt.lu>
Subject: LL-L "Anniversary" 2005.02.11 (09) [E]
Hello Lowlanders
I read Gary's Wren and it brought back so many memories  I thought I would
give it a go in South Yorkshire/Derbyshire border dialect.
The passage is written as I remember the dialect 20 years ago and my brain
cell is not so brill. I have little or no idea of phonetics so I have tried
to get the sound-feel from commonly used spellings. A comma in the middle of
a word would be a soft pause.
I am still at experiment stage for sound files but I will give it a go
Any comments/corrections/deletions feel free.

G'day Dave matey,
I just read your version of the Wren and had to make the effort of telling
you....
BLOODY GREAT (sorry Ron for the capitals but sometimes you just have to use
em).
Dave, go the whole hog and do the sound file. Henry and Ron will help you on
how to send it.
As a kid we played weekend soccer (football). I played for a team called
Balgownie (lots of Scots heritage) and we regularly played against a team
called Fairy Meadow Hostel even though most of the kids went to the same
school. Most were English kids from northern parts and the accents were
wonderful.
Cheers
Peter Snepvangers
snepvangers at optushome.com.au