LL-L "Etymology" 2005.02.22 (07) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Feb 22 20:26:47 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 22.FEB.2005 (07) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: R. F. Hahn <lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Etymology

This is what you get when you flit around the country and get up early after
going to sleep late.  Here's my full confession as to having misrepresented
our esteemed members Jacqueline Bungenberg de Jong and Luc Vanbrabant by
posting Jacqueline's posting under Luc's name.  I was so excited by the full
name at the end that I forgot to finish my cut-and-paste job ...

Well, I am confident both of them will forgive me.

Regards,
Reinhard "Ron" F. Hahn
Founder & Administrator, Lowlands-L
lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
http://www.lowlands-l.net

Here correctly:

From:  Jacqueline Bungenberg de Jong <Dutchmatters at comcast.net>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2005.02.13 (08) [E]

Hello Lowlanders, especially the anthropologists and other people interested
in counting systems, ( if I would dare call you “numerologists” or “numbers
men”, I’d probably be drummed out of this illustrious e-gathering).  Many of
you have made very interesting contributions to the ways of counting by Indo
European peoples. This really tickled my interest. So I have a question for
you: Given the great probability that the earliest modern people who left
Africa could count as well as speak, is there anything known, or is anybody
working on the origin or dissemination of the ways of counting going back to
an original source, as it has been done on languages following the genetic
trail of man? If so, who published and where?.

Jacqueline Bungenberg de Jong