LL-L "Literature" 2005.01.30 (07) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sun Jan 30 22:00:56 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 30.JAN.2005 (07) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From:  Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com>
Subject:  Insular anthems

Hi,

I have a question about insular anthems for North Frisian islands.

The anthems of Feer and of Söl' were fairly easy to find online, but
they left me wondering: do other islands have anthems as well, and if
so where can I find the lyrics?

Mark

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Literature

Hi, Mark, and welcome to the verbal section of the List!

Join the club!  I've been looking for the anthems of the other North Frisian
islands for quite some time.

We've posted the anthems of Söl'/Sylt and Feer/Föhr as Frisian language
samples on "Lowlands Talk" (http://www.lowlands-l.net/talk/, choose English
or another language, then Frisian and the, at the bottom, "Language
samples").  There is also the Sater (East) Frisian anthem.  All of them come
with translations in the English presentation
(http://www.lowlands-l.net/talk/eng/index.php?page=frisian_sample).

Regards,
Reinhard "Ron" F. Hahn
Founder & Administrator, Lowlands-L