LL-L "Etymology" 2005.07.28 (08) [D/E/LS/German]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Thu Jul 28 20:56:35 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 28.JUL.2005 (08) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at WORLDONLINE.NL>
Subject: LL-L "Names" 2005.07.28 (06) [E]

I don't know if you're wrong, since I don't live in Germany, but this
etc. in the Dutch of the so-called Indos or Indo-Europeans, i.e. the
people of mixed Indonesian and Dutch background of which about half a
million came to Holland in the 1940's and 1950's, when Nederlandsch Indië
("Dutch India") became independent as Indonesia.
This "al" seems to be used the same way as Malay (Indonesian) "sudah".
But I can hardly imagine that Northern German "alle" has some direct
relationship with this.
Ingmar

Reyn schreev: