LL-L "Administrativia" 2005.06.21 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Jun 21 23:58:48 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 21.JUN.2005 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: R. F. Hahn <lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Administrativia

Dear Lowlanders,

In order to make it harder for "address miners" to collect email addresses
for SPAM purposes, and to prevent other sorts of mischief, I will in the
future not publish the part behind @ in your addresses (at least I will try
to remember not to do so).

The down side of this is that it will prevent you from writing to each other
unless you already know each other's addresses.  In such cases, please write
to me stating your intent, and I will pass your request on to the other
person.  If that person agrees I will connect you with each other.  I know
it's a lot of bother, but caution is a good thing.

Regards,
Reinhard "Ron" F. Hahn
Founder & Administrator, Lowlands-L
lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net