LL-L "Administrativia" 2005.06.26 (06) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sun Jun 26 18:36:50 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 26.JUN.2005 (06) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: R. F. Hahn <lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Administrativia

Folks,

A few times lately people wondered why their posting submissions did not
appear.

First of all, lets make it abundantly clear that I would not just ignore a
submission, that I would not refuse to post it unless I conferred with you
about it privately.

There are two possibilies for the supposed disappearances:

(1) The submissions got lost because of recent server remodeling.

(2) Your submissions were not clearly marked, and I erased them by mistake
with acres of junk, even though I try to be very careful about it.

In the way of prevention, please do the following:

(1) If you do not respond to an earlier message but start a new thread, mark
your submission clearly, preferably with "LL-L" or "Lowlands-L" at the
beginning of the subject line.  Some of you consistently do not continue the
subject label in their responses and seem to think that a fancy, oftentimes
very wordy one would grab my attention.  Sorry, but this makes them less
distinct from SPAM mail.  Please continue the subject labels, or at least
mark your messages as pertaining to the List.

(2) Keep copies of all your submissions so you can resend them should they
get lost.  If your system does not make automatic backup copies, just send a
courtesy copy or blind courtesy copy to yourself.  You can then erase the
copy when you see your contribution posted.

Please also do not forget to do the following:

(1) Keep topics separate.

(2) Provide your given name and your family name in each message, even if
they are not right next to each other.  (If you see one or both of them
added in square brackets, it's a friendly reminder from me.)

Thanks for your cooperation.