LL-L "Songs" 2005.06.30 (06) [A/D/E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at LOWLANDS-L.NET
Thu Jun 30 22:17:01 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 30.JUN.2005 (06) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org or
lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net Server Manual:
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8c/userindex.html

From: "Jacqueline Bungenberg de Jong" <Dutchmatters at comcast.net>
Subject: LL-L "Songs" 2005.06.29 (08) [A/E]

For everybody in the "Songs" Conversation
First of all thanks to Dave, Sandy and Ben for your suggestions. I am going
to spend some time over the 4th of July weekend playing with it.
Jos, thanks for the expanded text of the song. I now have something to sing
in the shower. (Sarie Mareis was getting to be old hand.) I did recover a
melody on a website of Belgian student songs, but somehow the meter did not
quite fit. Not to worry I have adapted it so that it does. We shall warble
on!.
Ron, I had a brother... enough said. Gabriele, thanks for the moral support.
We shall survive.
Greetings to all. Jacqueline

---------

From: Elsie Zinsser <ezinsser at icon.co.za>
Subject: LL-L Songs" 2005.06.27

Haai julle,

Jan van Atten, ja, ons plus-50 Afrikaanssprekendes ken 'die kat kom weer,
want hy wou nie langer wag', en dit was nog in my ouers se FAK sangbundel.
Ons het ook nog 'Piet Hein' en ander liedjies gesing.

Ons sing dit nie meer nie, want dis nie meer deel van die Afrikaanse
kultuur nie.

Groete,
Elsie Zinsser

----------

From: Elsie Zinsser <ezinsser at icon.co.za>
Subject: LL-L

Haai almal,

Sandy, jy skryf my taal! Nou gaan dit 'n geneukery afgee as almal my kan
verstaan!

Elsie

----------

From: "Rikus Kiers" <kiersbv at tiscali.nl>
Subject: LL-L "Songs" 2005.06.29 (01) [A/E]

Gabrielle wrote 'whipping people into shape, today the lowlandslist, and
tomorrow the world right?" Middelsprake is only the beginning.

Gabrielle, you are very upset about something. I notice, but I do not know
what is really upsetting you. Middelsprake is a very penetrating and
superficial thing, but what has it to do with your anger.

Please explain me for I think we have a severe point of quarrel between
dominant and less dominant lanquages.
Even if the dominancy originates in the believers in less dominant
lanquages.

Rikus Kiers