LL-L "Administrativia" 2005.05.03 (09) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue May 3 18:33:19 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 03.MAY.2005 (09) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at WORLDONLINE.NL>
Subject: LL-L "Administrativia" 2005.05.03 (08) [E]

No no, I didn't ask for names or email addresses of subscribers,
I was just curious how many members we have and where they're from.
Wow, almost 500 already! Maybe that is something to be mentioned at
the A-site too, especially when we reach that number.
I guess the USA will have most members, followed by the UK and the
Netherlands maybe?

Ingmar

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Administrativia

Hi, Ingmar!

I know you didn't ask for that specifically, but I get this question from
folks once in a while, and this was an opportunity to mention it.

> Maybe that is something to be mentioned at
> the A-site too, especially when we reach that number.

It is, under "Reflections."

> I guess the USA will have most members, followed by the UK and the
> Netherlands maybe?

Yes, my rough estimate of the "top" is this:

   (1) USA
   (2) Netherlands
   (3) United Kingdom
   (4) Belgium
   (4) Germany
   (5) Canada
   (6) Australia
   (7) South Africa
   (8) Brazil

We also have a fair number of members from the following: Argentina,
Austria, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, India,
Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan,
Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, and one or two members
each in a whole bunch of other countries, including more recent additions
like Bangladesh, Belarus, Bhutan, Chad, Georgia, Malaysia, Mauricius,
Moldova, Nepal, Netherlands Antilles, Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Tansania, Tonga,
Tunesia and Turkey.