LL-L "Language varieties" 2005.05.22 (02) [E/German]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sun May 22 22:27:25 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 22.MAY.2005 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at WORLDONLINE.NL>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2005.05.21 (11) [E]

Ron, Gabriele, I hope I didn't cause a "civil war" here by mentioning the
possibilities or impossibilities of German as a Lowlands List Langage!
I agree with both of you at different points, though I tend to be a bit
more at your hand, Gabriele, because of arguments, and I think sometimes
at yours, Ron, because of emotions, passion and other arguments.

I can't say I really like the tone of messages like below; but maybe
that's because I'm indoctrinized too much with the Dutch "Polder-model"

Ingmar