LL-L "Language varieties" 2005.05.23 (06) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue May 24 01:27:13 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 23.MAY.2005 (06) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Tom Carty <cartyweb at hotmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2005.05.23 (05) [E]

If we can count local heavy accents as being dialects and languages in
English, such as Northumbrian, surely Lower Saxon can have that status?

Rooted from German, just related close... hence the assosoation.

Not neccessarily German, politically or culturally. Not neccessarily non
German either.

Just my tuppenceworth.

Tom