LL-L "Anniversary" 2005.05.27 (04) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Fri May 27 21:44:24 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 27.MAY.2005 (04) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org or
lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net Server Manual:
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8c/userindex.html

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at WORLDONLINE.NL>
Subject: LL-L "Anniversary" 2005.05.27 (02) [E]

Na'am, I asked Sahibi to use vowel punctuation in the Modern Standard
Arabic version, and in the Iraqi as well, but in case of the latter I
asked him to transcribe his text in "Western" script as well, because as
you'll know the Arabic dialects do have more vowels than the MSA or
Classic Arabic long and short a i u. But, sadiqi is no linguist or expert
on this, so we'll have to wait and see what comes out of it.
I think he'll visit me next month or so, and then I could run thru the
text with him, if necessary, to make my own phonetic transcription...

Ingmar

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Anniversary

Thanks, Ingmar!

I'm sure that with his efforts in conjunction with information on Iraqi
Arabic phonology we'll be able to manage just fine.