LL-L "Language varieties" 2005.05.27 (03) [A/E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Fri May 27 21:35:21 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 27.MAY.2005 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org or
lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net Server Manual:
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8c/userindex.html

From: Sandy Fleming <sandy at scotstext.org>
Subject: "Language varieties" [E]

> From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at WORLDONLINE.NL>
> Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2005.05.22 (02) [E/German]
>
> Btw I don't remeber having presented Middelsprake as a Lingua Franca for
> this list, please tell me where I did. And I also think that MS is already

You didn't? I owe you an apology, then!

Sandy
http://scotstext.org/

----------

From: Thomas Byro <greenherring at gmail.com
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2005.05.26 (09) [E]

Ron and Mike

I met a taylor, formerly from Istria, once.  He reported that a type
of ethnic cleansing of the Italian population too place under Tito.
He said that he could have stayed but would have had to endure
indignities such as giving up his family name and adopting a slavic
one, etc.  He was not exempted even though his wife was Slovene.  What
rubbed salt in the wounds was that he had to give up his house without
compensation but that they would not let him leave until he paid the
back taxes on the house. He bundled all his tools aboard his ship but
at the last moment was offered the opportunity to fly to the USA.  He
gladly took up the offer because he wanted to get away as fast as
possible.  His remaining possessions remained on board the ship.
Unfortunately the ship was the Andrea Doria.

Tom Byro