LL-L "Language varieties" 2005.05.31 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue May 31 19:21:08 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 31.MAY.2005 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org or
lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net Server Manual:
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8c/userindex.html

From: "Roger Hondshoven" <roger.hondshoven at pandora.be>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2005.05.20 (07) [E]

I agree that 'gooien' is the word most often used in the General Dutch
variety in Belgium. To my mind, 'werpen' sounds rather stif and archaic. In
Flemish dialects, however, 'werpen' is, next to 'smijten',  is the normal
word.

Best regards,

Roger Hondshoven

----------

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at WORLDONLINE.NL>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2005.05.28 (01) [E/Middelsprake]

It looks almost like the silence AFTER the storm, the last few days,
so quiet it is on the list...

Well, maybe we're all a bit tired, at least I am, and that's a normal
reaction, I guess.

There is this Afrikaans saying, famous in the Netherlands, I'd like to
quote here:
Alles sal reg kom!

Ingmar