LL-L "Etymology" 2005.11.05 (03) [A/E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sat Nov 5 21:45:53 UTC 2005

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

   L O W L A N D S - L * 05 November 2005 * Volume 03

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at WORLDONLINE.NL>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2005.11.04 (01) [A/D/E]

"Tollie" is the Surinamese-Dutch word for penis, looks like Afr "tolleman".
Btw most words begin with p- in dutch, penis, piel, pik, piemel, pieterman
Ingmar

>Elsie Zinsser het geskryf:

>In Afrikaans is die volgende kindertaal woorde gebruiklik vir
>die beskeie penis:
>
>- tolleman (in ons huis met ons amper 5-jarige kleinseun)
>- trossie of tros
>- voëltjie of voël

In the Netherlands: St Dutch "ui" is "juin" in Brabant and "juun" in
Zeeland, "un" etc in Limburg, "siepel" in Low Saxon and Frisian and
"look" in the area of the river IJssel (the former Hansa-area in the
Netherlands), which is otherwise also Low Saxon speaking.
 Ingmar

>>    In Flanders we still use the word "ajuin" in our daily Dutch
>vocabularium.
>    In our own dialect we rather say "anjoen / andjoen". >

Those curly public urinoirs still exist in the Netherlands, especially in
Amsterdam, and they are still known as "krul". And still can stink an hour
in the wind, too use the local expression...
Ingmar