LL-L "Anniversary" 2005.11.07 (07) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Nov 8 01:09:41 UTC 2005

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

07 November 2005 * Volume 07

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Anniversary

Dear Lowlanders,

Lately we've made a bit of progress with our anniversary presentation
(http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/), in great part thanks to our Mike
Szelog's efforts.

If you click on the "What's New?" link, you'll discover what I am talking
about.  More stuff is in the works, but this does not mean that I'll let you
lot off the hook.  More! More!  Write introductions of yourselve!  Write
translations in *your* lingos, whatever that may be!  Round up relatives,
friends and coworkers, and put them to work! Suck up to Grandma Heleentje,
Grandpa Thijs, Aunts Mabel or Willemientje, Uncles Hamish or Abenezer,
Cousins Pyt, Jacomyntje or Dougie, or Billy Bob, the accountant from
Kentucky in the cubicle next to yours -- all the while having pen, paper,
microphone and recorder ready for the "kill"!

It's all right to provide alternatives to what is already there.  If your
dialects are already "covered," don't let that stop you from sending in your
translations and/or sound files.  The more the merrier.

And it doesn't have to be Lowlandic either.  *Any* language variety is
welcome.  Remember that it's a celebration of language in general.  In fact,
I noticed that many visitors search for non-Lowlandic stuff, especially
minority languages, usually on Google, find us that way, and many of them
stay at our site and look around, some for hours, hopefully learning
something in the process.  We are getting lots of "hits" from all over the
world.  Here's your chance to contribute to this educational resource
creation effort.

Thanks to all of you who contributed already.  Why not try and rope in a few
more?

Thanks in advance!