L-L "Language learning" 2005.11.27 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sun Nov 27 19:01:53 UTC 2005

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 27 November 2005 * Volume 2

From: "Tom Mc Rae" <t.mcrae at uq.net.au>
Subject: LL-L "Language learning" 2005.11.26 (02) [E]

On 27/11/2005, at 4:59 AM, "heather rendall"
<HeatherRendall at compuserve.com> wrote:

> My question: why don't they learn (in English, at the moment) phonetic
> spelling and writing, as we did in our times some fourty years ago?<

Beacuse the Powers that be are Educationalists NOT Teachers.
I still recall the 1940's baby class where Im learned that Fanny's
funny feather went 'ffffffff'.
And Gas in globe goes 'g'.
That basis started me on my long journey of wonder in books.
Nowadays I find many young folks have difficulties in reading a page
of text let alone a book.

Regards
Tom Mc Rae
Brisbane Australia