LL-L "Anniversary" 2005.10.20 (04) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Thu Oct 20 20:44:14 UTC 2005

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

20 October 2005 * Volume 04

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Anniversary

Folks,

I wrote:

<quote>

Some of you that are Celtically inclided or Celto-curious have been waiting
for our Dan's Cornish sound file.  Well, it is available now:
http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/index.php?page=kernowek

Unfortunately, this scaled-down version (reduced in size) does not do the
original justice.  Nevertheless, it is very nice indeed.  Thanks, Dan!

By the same token, please don't let professional actors like Daniel Prohaska
and Hannelore Hinz
(http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/index.php?page=mekelnborgsch)
intimidate you!  And please send in and/or solicit more translations and
sound files!

Basic address: http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/
Progress: http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/index.php?page=new
Contents: http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/index.php?page=contents
Participants: http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/index.php?page=colophon
Lowlanders: http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/index.php?page=members

</quote>

Well, I listened to a bunch of our recordings last night, and I have to say
that *all* of them are really pretty good (not talking about a couple of
mine, which I'll redo).  Apart from my fellow-parrot-head Mike Szelog I want
to make special mention of our two Belgian Lucs whom I hadn't specifically
mentioned before:

Western Flemish (Luc Vanbrabant):
http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/index.php?page=westvlams

Merchtem Brabantish (Luc Helinckx):
http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/index.php?page=brabants

(Remember: despite his surname, Luc Vanbrabant is *not* the Brabantish
speaker.)

Didn't they do great jobs as story tellers convincing playing the parts of
the wren and his kids?  It's a joy!

OK, folks.  Maybe this will motivate you to do your parts or to recruit your
family and friends to do so.  Yes, anonymous works will be just as
gratefully accepted.  Also, we could do with more personal introductions
(http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/index.php?page=members), and this
goes for those who just joined us as well.

I keep getting very positive comments about our anniversary site.  So people
*are* finding and enjoying it.  Let's keep it going!