LL-L "Traditions" 2005.09.06 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Sep 6 15:12:58 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 06.SEP.2005 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Global Moose Translations <globalmoose at t-online.de>
Subject: LL-L "Traditions" 2005.09.04 (05) [E/LS]

Ron wrote:
> I can relate to that.  It sounds wonderful.  Perhaps you'll be able to go
> back sometime -- although you can't *really* go back (and I'm sure you
know
> what I mean.)  Next time you might be able to see the Northern Heath,
which
> is quite lovely too.  Also, we'll all be able to take in some Heath action
> in combination with Gabriele's house-warming party (at which time we'll
take
> a good look at her _Ulenfluh_), although I assume her new old estate is
just
> south of the Heath, technically speaking.

Oooh, a party, I love a party! Sounds great - but the Heath is almost two
hours away from here by car. You see, it already takes us half an hour to
get to the nearest freeway (Autobahn), or the nearest halfway sizeable town.

I have an even better idea. Let's do a good old-fashioned barn-raising - in
this case, remodel my ancient kitchen (no, not quaint ancient, we're talking
old grimy PVC flooring and plastic beams that cover up the real beams, that
sort of thing!). And afterwards we can have a traditional "Peker-Essen" in
my brick barn by the big old oven - you stick raw potato halves to the tiles
on the outside, put a basket under them, and when they fall down into the
basket, they're ready to eat! Actually, the mascot of the city of Uslar, to
which our village belongs, is a giant potato wearing a beanie... I don't
really want to talk about it...

Gabriele Kahn