LL-L "Anniversary" 2005.09.26 (07) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Mon Sep 26 21:57:34 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 26.SEP.2005 (07) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Anniversary

Folks,

We've made a bit more headway at our anniversary site
(http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/).

If you want to see what is new, please visit here:
http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/index.php?page=new

There are some of the somewhat long-awaited sound files. At least a couple
of them are missing, I'm sorry to say.  I will be in touch with you about
that, Elsie and Arend.  If anyone else sent in sound files or tapes and does
not see them posted, please be in touch with Henry Pijffers
<henry.pijffers at saxnot.com> and me <sassisch at yahoo.com>.

Isn't Hannelore Hinze's Mecklenburg Low Saxon recording fun?  Little
surprise.  The lady is well-known in her area as a performer and character,
sometimes entertaining folks impromptu, showing up with her accordeon (LS
_trek-vydel_ <Treckfiedel> "pull/draw fiddle") and entertaining her public
with songs and tales, anywhere, including kindergartens, retirement homes,
hospitals and hospices.  She has been doing so for a long time, going back
long before the end of the Cold War.  Hannelore is known as
_Treckfiedelhanne_, and this is now her stage character name.  She's a total
riot!

Also, you'll notice that there is an addition to the list of personal
introductions (http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/index.php?page=members,
and we need more, more!):

English: http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/index.php?page=clara-en
Low Saxon: http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/index.php?page=clara-ns
German: http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/index.php?page=clara-de

This is the first and hopefully last time I added a personal page for a
member that has passed on.

P.S.: Keep them goodies coming, folks!