LL-L "Annivesary" 2005.09.30 (09) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Fri Sep 30 21:34:00 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 30.SEP.2005 (09) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Szelog, Mike <Mike.Szelog at cfgcustomers.com>
Subject: Anniversary

Hello all,

Just a quick question or maybe a suggestion.

Is there a way to "quickly" identify which versions have accompanying sound
files?!

I seem to be finding them somewhat hit or miss - excluding the ones
mentioned in the "what's new" section.

If there is no quick way to find out - may I make a suggestion/request - I
don't know how hard this would be able to do.

Is there some way to "flag" a particular entry (maybe with an asterisk next
to the name of the language) that would indicate that there's an
accompanying sound file?

Thanks,

Mike S
Manchester, NH - USA

Ron, the Bulgarian version's coming - need to run it by the person who made
the corrections to see if I typed it correctly!

Michael Szelog
mike.szelog at cfgcustomers.com

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net>

Hi, Mike!

Good to hear from you, and thanks for the suggestion.

Actually, the respective pages are already flagged on the site map
(http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/index.php?page=contents).

However, I take it you mean the index (drop-down menu under "Language
Samples").  Let's see what we can do without making it too cryptic, given
that we can't use graphics in the menu ... I think.

> Ron, the Bulgarian version's coming - need to run it by the person who
> made the corrections to see if I typed it correctly!

I hope it wasn't too embarrassingly many mistakes.  But then again ... What
do I care.  As with a few now completed versions, things don't get done at
all unless I start them, because people tend to prefer picking apart other
people's works to doing them themselves.  Namesake of wily Reynke de Vos
that I am, I exploit this tendency in order to get things started.  :-)  Any
chance of a sound file, Mike?

Oy, and what about all those other versions, you ... and you ...? You know
whom I mean.  ;-)

OK.  Here's an update:

I tinkered with the index (drop-down menu) and actually succeeded in
embedding a graphic in it (which took a lot of trial and error).  Before
that I experimented with a character, but no character was self-explanatory,
and I did not want to put a legend anywhere, didn't find a place for it
anyway, and most people ignore legends and instructions.  So, what do you
think about it now?  Is this what you had in mind, Mike?

Now, does this mean that you are going to ignore pages without sound files?
;-)