LL-L "Anniversary" 2006.04.13 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Thu Apr 13 21:29:12 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

13 April 2006 * Volume 05

From: Lone Olesen <istranza at yahoo.dk>
Subject: LL-L "Anniversary"

Hello again...
had to literally drop everything (a tricky, very
short-termed PhD application and negotiations for a
temporary job. Now 3 weeks worth of LLmail to read) -
but just finished a Sardinian translation yesterday. A
friend has checked it for me today, we are still
debating on a couple of words, but that should be
cleared up quickly. Even though it will be flawless
thanks to him, he was still not satisfied, he would
have wanted a true re-intrepretation that did not show
any signs of translation whatsoever - but this is a
different discussion that doesn't go with this topic.
I am not sure if I can convince anybody to make a
sound-file, but I might be able to get some other
varieties in writing.

Btw. I think "losing" drop-down menus is a good idea.
Java is always behaving differently according to
browser, and for people dealing with 56k modems or
older computers, it can steal away quite some time.

Rgds,
Lone Olesen

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Anniversary

Thanks a lot, Lone!

I can't wait.  Please send it to me when you're done, also the name and
general location of your collaborator (also the place in which he grew up in
case it's not the same -- not the addresses, just the towns).  Please do the
same for yourself.

Maybe you could try shmoozing your contacts a bit more for an audio file.
Other varieties are great too.  If all fails, tell people about your new
elevated status in the Hall of Honors.  That'll grab their attention, and
you'll get more audio files than you can shake a stick at.  They'll be so
impressed to be rubbing shoulders with greatness!

Ammessèdes e norobbònas!