LL-L 'Administrativia' 2006.12.01 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Fri Dec 1 15:46:57 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting: lowlands at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net
Administration: lowlands-l at lowlands-l.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L * 1 December 2006 * Volume 01

From: R. F. Hahn [sassisch at yahoo.com]
Subject: Administrativia

Dear Lowlanders,

Unfortunately, the technical issue still hasn't been resolved, though I have lit
more fires under the provider company's sorry little behinds.

In the meantime, PLEASE send your posting submissions to the usual address as
well as to mine (sassisch at yahoo.com). I will get at least one copy and will post
it as soon as I do.  So there is no need to have have this silence.

Below please find a typical exchange with the "support" staff, bearing in mind
that the responses of "Peter" (or perhaps rather Pitambar, Phanindra or
Prabhakar?) are shortcut macros.

Peter: Thank you for contacting [company name masked] Live Chat. How may I assist
you today?
Ron: I am not getting any action regarding ticket HKJ-613422, and I'm getting
very displeased. What's going on?
Peter: Hello Ron
Peter: Hold on please let me check it
Ron: I can send mail but not receive any, and this is the second time this happened.
Ron: The e-mail address is lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net .
Peter: Your ticket is under our level2 tech
Ron: What does this mean?
Peter: They will update you within 4 to 5 hours
Peter: We appreciate your patience in this regards
Ron: What does "update" mean? And why has this been taking days so far, without
any real person's response?
Peter: We apologize for the inconvenience that you have to face due to the
current issue
Ron: My international discussion group has been down, and people are angry.
Peter: Our admins will resolve your issue within few hours
Ron: OK. Will someone contact me then, preferably by phone?
Peter: Ok if you want you can call us on our : Toll free number : [number masked]
Ron: I want someone to contact ME as soon as the matter is resolved.
Peter: Ok I will add a note in your ticket
Ron: Thanks, so will I.
Peter: You are most welcome.
Peter: Thank you for visiting Live chat .