LL-L 'Administrativia' 2006.12.22 (04) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 19:55:11 UTC 2006

======================================================================= |
 L O W L A N D S - L * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226 |
 http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com |
 Rules & Guidelines: http://www.lowlands-l.net/rules.php |
 Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org - lowlands.list at gmail.com |
 Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net |
 Server Manual: http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8c/userindex.html |
 Archives: http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/lowlands-l.html |
 Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) [Please switch your view mode to it.] |
 Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com |

 You have received this because you have been subscribed upon request. |
 To unsubscribe, please send the command "signoff lowlands-l" as message |
 text from the same account to listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or |
 sign off at http://linguistlist.org/subscribing/sub-lowlands-l.html. |

 A=Afrikaans Ap=Appalachian B=Brabantish D=Dutch E=English F=Frisian |
 L=Limburgish LS=Lowlands Saxon (Low German) N=Northumbrian |
 S=Scots Sh=Shetlandic V=(West) Flemish Z=Zeelandic (Zeeuws) |

L O W L A N D S - L - 22 December 2006 - Volume 04
/
From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Administrativia

Dear Lowlanders,

Greetings from Santa Cruz, California!  It's sunny and warmish right now,
but it gets pretty cool after dark. Getting here was "interesting," because
lots of elderly and very, very young people are among the passengers because
of family reunions for the holidays (and American families tend to be
scattered all over the country); so this makes for all sorts of in-flight
entertainment.

I just got connected to the Internet, am thus able to come to you from this
part of the world as well.  However, I expect to be doing some touring and
visiting, might also go on a retreat for a day or two, and won't be able to
run the ship on those days.  Hopefully the Christmas elves will be able to
stand in then.  If not, please bear with the spotty service till after the
holidays.

Here is a reminder that attachments can not be sent to the List. So, sorry
about those lovely attached greetings.

Holidays or no holidays, I hope a wonderful time will be had by all and 2007
Common Era will be a good year for everyone. Believe it or not: we'll be
completing our 12th year in April/May! So let's get cracking some more on
the anniversary project (http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/) -- personal
introductions, translations, sound files and more, all being welcome.  At
the very least, let's cross the 200 mark as far as translations go! I will
happily and gratefully receive any additions to the project via private mail
at sassisch at yahoo.com.

 * Please submit postings to lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org. |
 * Postings will be displayed unedited in digest form. |
 * Please display only the relevant parts of quotes in your replies. |
 * Commands for automated functions (including "signoff lowlands-l") |
   are to be sent to listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or at |
   http://linguistlist.org/subscribing/sub-lowlands-l.html. |