LL-L 'Names' 2006.12.30 (012) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 16:53:55 UTC 2006

L O W L A N D S - L - 30 December 2006 - Volume 01

From: "MWI" <wintzermichel at wanadoo.fr>
Subject: LL-L 'Names' 2006.12.29 (02) [E/German]

Moinmoin,

Helge writes:

"Brokstedt (south of Nömönster) often gets mis-pronounced as "Brockstedt"
when it should be "Brookstedt"."

Such nonsense is even sanctioned by the autorities, who, only a few years
ago changed "Barmbeck" to
"Barmbek" to - quote - simplify the spelling and adjust it to pronounciation
- end quote.
There are serious proposals to change the spellings of Buensen and Vaensen
(near Buchholz)
to Bünsen and Vänsen.
What about Laboe, Uelzen, etc.etc. mispronounced already since generations?

Kumpelmenten, Mike Wintzer