LL-L "Language varieties" 2006.02.20 (03) [E/G]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Mon Feb 20 20:56:12 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 20 February 2006 * Volume 03

From: R.F. Hahn <sassisch at geocities.com>
Subject: Language varietes

Folks,

Olaf Bordasch, who followed our discussion online, kindly sent me an
explanation of the Low Saxon (Low German) dialect of Sohlingen in Solling
(Gabriele's native area).  He found this topic interested and conducted
some research.  We found that the Eastphalian (?) dialect group of the
Göttingisch/Grubenhagen range has three dialects (sub-groups?):

- Einbeck
- Western Harz Mountains
- Göttingen/Niedereichsfeld

The dialect of Sohlingen appears to be closest to the
Göttingen/Niedereichsfeld one.

Thanks to Mr. Bordasch for sharing this information with us.  He requested
that I forward it to you.  Please find his message below.  It is in
German.

Regards,
Reinhard "Ron" F. Hahn
Seattle & San Francisco, USA