LL-L 'Anniversary' 2006.07.08 (06) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sat Jul 8 19:40:39 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 08 July 2006 * Volume 06

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Anniversary

Folks,

In the odd spare minute here and there, over some time now, I have been working
on a translation of the Wren story (http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/) in
Early Modern English, specifically in Elizabethan English and in Elizabethan
verse form.

I am gradually approaching the end of the project and would like to send out an
early appeal for narrators to volunteer for one or more recorded versions to go
with it.  Specifically, I have in mind the fortuitous mixture of linguist and
actor (and you know whom I mean), but *any* person game enough is more than
welcome to contact me (sassisch at yahoo.com) so we can begin discussing details.

My preference is reconstructed Elizabethan pronunciation, but renditions in
Modern English pronunciation are welcome as well and would be nice in conjunction
with the aforementioned, given that Elizabethan poems, songs and plays tend to be
performed using Modern English pronunciation these days.

I do use Elizabethan spelling but will add an alternative version with
"cleaned-up" (i.e., modernized) spelling, since this is the way Elizabethan works
tend to be presented these days.

Thanks for considering to help get this puppy on the road.

P.S.: Thanks to our Henry's facilitation, a sound file has just been added to the
Dano-Norwegian version, and we are hopeful a Neo-Norwegian sound file is to follow.