LL-L 'Anniversary' 2006.07.14 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Fri Jul 14 15:28:51 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 14 July 2006 * Volume 02

From: Paul Finlow-Bates <wolf_thunder51 at yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L 'Anniversary' 2006.07.13 (07) [E]

    From: R. F. Hahn
    Subject: Anniversary

    Lowlands versions that have lately received increasing attention from all over
    the world include .... Afrikaans (both dialects),

There's two!!??

Paul

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>

Hi, Paul!

> There's two!!??

Yep!  There are most likely more than two.  There are two of them displayed at
the site:

Standard: http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/afrikaans.php

Griqua: http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/griekwa.php

Our Elsie went to a lot of trouble producing these, and from experience I can
vouch for her thoroughness, especially with regard to "representing" Afrikaans
(for many years, for which we owe her thanks).

So, what else did you miss, huh?  ;-)

Seriously, though.  I have noticed that quite a lot of people don't discover a
bunch of stuff at the site.  Once in a while someone suggests we do something
about X, Y or Z, and that's already been taken care of.  I don't know how to make
things much clearer with indices and the like.  I think people just don't take
the time to poke around long enough (not that I blame them in these busy times of
information flooding).

So do go and poke around, folks!  You might find some interesting stuff.
Remember also that most translations come with language introductions.  (Click on
"Language information".)

http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/