LL-L 'Delectables' 2006.07.25 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Jul 25 15:39:06 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 25 July 2006 * Volume 03

From: Lone Olesen <istranza at yahoo.dk>
Subject: LL-L 'Delectables' 2006.07.20 (04) [E]

Hello all,

R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Subject: Delectables
>
> Thanks for the _casu marzu_ story, Lone. Is it the
> same as _hasu muhidu_? I
> understand that it is contraband and as such is very
> expensive on the black
> market, since selling these cheeses is illegal in
> Italy, due to health
> regulations. Obviously, it is illegal to import it
> anywhere.

You are welcome. Yes, it is the same cheese, I had to
look up the name - 'hasu muhidu' would be from around
Dorgali on the eastern coast.
It would be expensive and difficult to find if you
tried to get it outside the island, but it is my
impression that in Sardinia it is relatively easy to
come by, at least outside the bigger towns.
rgds, Lone Olesen

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Delectables

Thanks Lone.

> It would be expensive and difficult to find if you
> tried to get it outside the island

OK! Sad though it is, I'll just have to try to live without this delicacy.  Oh,
cussos sunt sos padissiméntos de mia vida!

Norobbonas,

From: 'Ria Noome' <ria.noome at deneloptronics.co.za>
Subject: LL-L 'Delectables' 2006.07.24 (05) [E]

Paul
I will contact the person I know there at Irene very well and get the info from
him. That place in Irene is there for quiet some time I think its there from the
seventies but I will found out and let you know. I worked there for 10 years but
just in another department there. The department I worked we worked with the
Rabies virus etc.
I will let you know
ria