LL-L "Delectables" 2006.03.04 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sun Mar 5 00:05:48 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

   L O W L A N D S - L * 04 February 2006 * Volume 03

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at WORLDONLINE.NL>
Subject: LL-L "Delectables" 2006.03.03 (04) [D/E]

In Hamaland (De Achterhoek) Pot-deur-mekare (lit. "pot-through-eachother")
is something similar.

Ron wrote:
>The original idea of _potsjetegoare_ ("everything
>and the kitchen sink thrown into a pot and cooked up," "one-pot meal") is
>the same as that of German _Eintopf_ ("one-pot") and of Low Saxon
>_mang-koukt-eten_ (<Mangkookteten> "among/mix-cooked-meal").  However,
these
>denote mostly hearty soups and stews that make whole meals, and many
people
>might not consider North German _Labskaus_ one of those.

>Regards
>Reinhard/Ron
>(suddenly suffering from a violent bout of spring allergies ...)

At least you seem to have Spring already overthere, here in NW-Europe we've
had snow, ice and hail already for weeks now, and that's what I am
allergic of... ;-)   Gesundheit!   Ingmar