LL-L "Administrativia" 2006.05.24 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Wed May 24 15:32:58 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 03 May 2006 * Volume 01

From: R. F. Hahn <lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Administrativia

Dear Lowlanders,

We are currently experiencing emailing problems.  My postings appear to be
reaching you (are definitely reaching the archives), even though there are
error messages and no sent-mail copies are being saved.  Also, no new
submissions seem to be reaching the account this morning.  (The postings I
sent out just now contained submissions that were received last night.)

Our web pages appear to be working.  So I think that these technical
difficulties are unrelated to the fact that we are in the process of
changing providers.  This will be completed as soon as our domain name has
been "unlocked" and transferred (i.e., as soon as the previous providers
stop dragging their feet).

According to the description, our new account should be superior in every
regard.  It is certainly a lot larger, and it comes with numerous bells
and whistles.

However, until everything has been well and truly set up there may be a
few interuptions and other inconveniences, for which I apologize in
advance.  Please do not stop your participation on this account.  Just
make sure you keep copies of your messages in case you need to resend
them.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and understanding.

Friendly regards,